Elements makes financial wellness simple. Most people struggle with their financial health. At Elements we aim to change that.
- The Elements system includes an app that shows where your financial health is today and how you are progressing over time.
- It exposes areas in your financial life that need attention and gently reminds you of the actions you can take to stay on track.
- Unlike the “I’ll get around to it someday…” strategy, Elements simplifies the complex tasks needed to stay organized, analyze your situation as it changes and decide how to take action today so that you can get financially healthy now, and stay healthy in the long run.
- Most importantly, the system doesn’t leave you alone; you will have access to competent financial advisors who can answer your questions. They will help you actually make the changes you need to make to achieve financial peace of mind.
Elements is growing rapidly and needs motivated, capable Senior Android Software Engineers to help us achieve our goals. The job will include building the Android version of the Elements app, as well as growing and leading the team of Android engineers at the company.
Our dev team is a group of experienced and engaged software engineers building the most advanced financial health platform. You will work with all stakeholders to deliver valuable products quickly and efficiently. You will QA your own work and write automated tests. We work in an iterative, agile environment. All of us have been there, done that. Life is too short. We want to do our best work, and at Elements, we are doing just that.
- Must be willing to work with our 100% remote dev team
- 5+ years professional experience
- Experience with at least one object-oriented backend language
- Ability to work in an iterative, agile process.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work alone and as part of a dynamic team
- Teachable and curious; willing to say, “I don’t know, let’s find out…”
- Displays a tendency to take the time to mentor others
- Willing to say no to the “new shiny” in favor of working and stable software
- Makes time to meticulously review code for readability, testability and architectural design
- Able to clearly communicate details to others, especially complex technical ideas
- Does not shy away from making estimates, but is always trying to get better at it
- Deep experience with concurrency on the Android platform: Java Threads, Async Task, Service, Job/Work Manager, RxJava/RxKotlin, and even Kotlin Coroutines
- Excellent experience with Android platform architecture, e.g. Where do you put/separate UI code, business logic, etc.
Understanding and experience with Inversion of Control (IoC), e.g. Dagger 2 or Hilt or Koin
- Extensive experience with networking on Android: Retrofit, Moshi, gson, Jackson etc.
- Advanced skill with Android storage systems: Shared Preferences, EncryptedSharedPreferences, DataStore, encrypted storage options, sqlite, other noSQL/document databases, and internal and external file storage
- Strong experience with navigation options: jetpack navigation library (nav components) as well as manually managing the back-stack for fragments and Activities
We are serious about hiring and retaining top talent. And we aren’t afraid to pay for it. You can expect fair compensation. We are a fiscally responsible startup, so if you want your own chef, personal assistant or zero gravity playroom, well, you probably should look for a job elsewhere.
- Opportunity to start at the ground floor of a rapidly growing, funded start-up
- Group health insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan (up to 6% company match)
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Generous paid time off schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Gym membership
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Complimentary investment management service
- Quarterly offsite team building events
Are you interested? We’d love to talk.